Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez threw her support behind Maya Wiley (right) for NYC Mayor
- Mayoral wannabe Maya Wiley and her CEO investment fund husband Harlan Mandel live in a $2.75 million, 4,000 sq. ft. house in Brooklyn
- She wants to defund the police but she and her neighbors pay $550 a month for private security for their wealthy area
- Mother-of-two calls school programs for talented kids ‘racially discriminatory’
- But she sent one daughter, to an academy for the gifted, and the other to a $51,000-a-year private school
- The civil rights activist and lawyer has become the left’s new poster child after being endorsed by Democratic firebrand Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Critics however, believe she does not live by the standards she would force on the city’s residents
- The 57-year-old is the daughter of late activist and college professor George Wiley, founder of the National Welfare Rights Organization
- She received a private school education as a child and went on to attend two Ivy League universities
- ‘She talks the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk,’ one political observer told DailyMail.com
Martin Gould – Daily Mail June 8, 2021
Maya Wiley, the progressive left’s new poster child, is a mass of contradictions.
The 57-year-old lives in a $2.75million, 4,000-sq-ft house in Brooklyn. Her husband Harlan Mandel, 58, is CEO of a multimillion investment fund.
She wants to defund the police but she and her neighbors pay for private security for their wealthy area.
The mother-of-two calls school programs for talented kids ‘racially discriminatory,’ but she sent one daughter, to an academy for the gifted, and the other to a $51,000-a-year private school.
She worked as chief legal adviser to the Big Apple’s current mayor Bill de Blasio, but now attacks him at every opportunity.
And she says her administration would be fully transparent, but while working for de Blasio came up with a now-discredited way to keep secret communications between his office and outside advisers.
‘She talks the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk,’ one political observer told DailyMail.com.