Beloved pop star ‘abused 10-year-old boy’: Alleged victim and witness have spoken to Savile police officers

Introduction — Feb 5, 2014

Jimmy Savile sporting his OBE at Buckingham Palace 1972. Many have wondered whether he wasn't 'protected' with his crimes only being revealed after his death. Click to enlarge

At its height in the 60′s and 70′s, the British music industry appears to have been infested with sexual deviants preying upon those dazzled by the glitter surrounding it.
Just like Hollywood, the lure of fame and riches seems to have drawn the weak and vulnerable like moths to a flame; where they fell prey to some of the biggest names in the business.
The list of names implicated in reports of abuse continues to grow. Famous names like Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter and Dave Lee Travis have all been charged. A host of other “celebrities” have also been implicated. Are there others who have yet to be named?
We suspect there are.
Indeed one was named by the informant who first told us about Jimmy Savile’s involvement in child abuse. This was before reports of Savile’s abuse appeared widely in the mainstream media.
At the time we were told that Savile had been shielded from prosecution by the powers that be. Our source named another prominent figure in the British entertainment industry who had also been involved and who was still being protected.
We are not going to name him but he’s renowned for his clean-cut “bachelor boy” image.
We have no idea whether he is the figure referred to below but mention it for the record.  Noting that like Sir Jimmy, he had also been rewarded for his services to the Crown with a knighthood.
We suspect Jimmy Savile was only one of the lowest figures engaged in this sort of activity. We believe that others involved included some of the most notable names in the British establishment and that a cover-up is now underway to protect them.
A prime example being the late Lord MacAlpine, who was named as a serial abuser of young boys. Ed.

Beloved pop star ‘abused 10-year-old boy’: Alleged victim and witness have spoken to Savile police officers

Rebecca Camber — Daily Mail Feb 2, 2014

Rolf Harris attends Southwark Crown Court with his wife, in wheelchair, where he faces 12 sex offence charges. Click to enlarge

One of the world’s most famous pop stars is being investigated by police over claims that he sexually abused a ten-year-old boy.

The music legend is said to be terrified of arrest after a witness came forward to report an alleged attack on a schoolboy said to have taken place decades ago.

Detectives from Operation Yewtree, the Scotland Yard investigation set up to examine historical sex abuse claims in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal, are understood to have taken a statement from the victim last year.

But in recent weeks police have also spoken to a witness who apparently backs up the claims by the man.

The pop star is accused of abuse dating back several decades. Police are examining a number of witness statements alleging historical sex assaults by him, it was claimed yesterday.

The musician, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is said to be petrified of being arrested by detectives and has recently held a number of frantic meetings with his lawyers.

Yesterday a source close to the inquiry said: ‘This is huge, and detectives are examining more than one witness statement. The alleged victim was very young at the time, which makes it a more serious allegation. This inquiry is not going to go away, and police will make arrests when they feel they have enough to do so.’

A spokesman for the veteran artist, who has had a number of hit records, declined to comment yesterday.

Operation Yewtree was launched in October 2012 after Savile, who died aged 84 in 2011, was exposed as a predatory paedophile who abused hundreds of victims. It has three strands – one looking at Savile, another focusing on ‘Savile and others’ and a third concentrating on those not linked to the former BBC DJ and TV presenter.

The operation has cost £2.7million so far, of which £490,000 has been paid out in overtime to the 30-strong detective team. It has led to 16 arrests, with four people charged and five suspects remaining on bail.

Among the stars arrested as part of the inquiry are 83-year-old entertainer Rolf Harris, who denies 12 charges of indecent assault and four counts of making indecent images of children.

PR guru Max Clifford, 70, has pleaded not guilty to 11 indecent assaults. Others arrested include pop paedophile Gary Glitter, 69, and radio presenter Paul Gambaccini, 64. Comedian Freddie Starr, 71, has been arrested three times over abuse claims.

Former Radio One DJ Chris Denning, 72, a colleague of Savile, has also been held three times over alleged sexual offences. All deny the allegations.

Police have ruled out seven suspects, including Celebrity Big Brother winner Jim Davidson, 60, who was arrested last January before being told he faced no further action eight months later. A Metropolitan Police spokesman refused to comment on the investigation last night.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.