Attack on Iran’s Beirut Embassy Masterminded by Saudi Prince Bandar

Fars News Agency — Jan 3, 2013

Saudi Intelligence Chief Prince Bandar Bin Sultan. Click to enlarge

A Saudi terrorist who launched the recent deadly attack on the Iranian embassy in Lebanon took orders from Saudi Spy Chief Prince Bandar bin Sultan, Lebanese sources said.

On November 19, two bomb attacks outside the Iranian Embassy in Beirut killed 23 people and injured more than 146, including Iran’s cultural attache Ebrahim Ansari.

Lebanese information sources said that they have found information linking Majed al-Majed, the Saudi commander of the al-Qaeda affiliated group Abdullah Azzam Brigades who claimed responsibility for the attack to the Saudi spy chief.

Al-Majed was arrested by Lebanese security forces on Tuesday. “A security force has confirmed the detention of Majed al-Majed, the leader of (terrorist) Abdullah Izzam Brigade by the Lebanese security forces a few days ago,” al-Mayadeen TV reported on Tuesday night.

The two bomb blasts targeted just 10 meters away from the embassy in Beirut’s Southern neighborhood of Jinah, inflicting much damage to the compound.

A few days later, the Lebanese police announced that they had identified the two suicide bombers who attacked the Iranian embassy.

The police said Moin Abu Zahr, a 20-year-old Lebanese national and a follower of Sunni Salafi Sheikh Ahmed Al-Assir, was responsible for carrying out the first attack, and Omar Sobheh was announced to have carried out the second terrorist operation.

Following the Tuesday night revelation by the Lebanese security forces, Iranian officials disclosed that the Lebanese police had identified those who had provided the financial backup for the bombings.

“The culprits behind the bombings against the Iranian embassy in Beirut and funders of the attack have been identified,” Rapporteur of the parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Seyed Hossein Naqavi Hosseini told FNA on Wednesday.

The prominent Iranian lawmaker appreciated the Lebanese officials and security forces for identifying the network of terrorists who have attacked the Iranian outpost.

Later on Wednesday afternoon, another ranking Iranian parliamentary official asked Lebanon to take special actions in dealing with the case of the November bombings, given the fact that it had been a terrorist operation designed and led by Saudi nationals.

“A Saudi element is behind the blast which is an important point,” Chairman of the parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Alaeddin Boroujerdi told FNA on Wednesday.

“The Lebanese government which is responsible for the security of the country should, more than anything else, pay attention to the involvement of a Saudi element as the mastermind of this bombing in front of the Iranian embassy in Beirut,” he added.

Source

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.