At the Nuremburg trials they swung for:
Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of crime against peace
· War crimes
· Crimes against humanity
· Planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression and other crimes against peace
Throw waging an ‘illegal war’ since 2003 into the mix and this has been a long time coming:
Press Conference, Room C, 1 Parliament St.
(just off Parliament Sq.)
Tuesday 15th January 2008 3pm
John McDonnell MP and members of the Campaign to Make War History will brief MPs and the media on allegations of war crimes committed against the people of Iraq by Britain’s former Prime Minister and former Attorney General.
Officers from Scotland Yard have commenced a criminal investigation into the deaths of Iraqi citizens killed during the armed invasion and occupation of Iraq. The Metropolitan Police are acting in response to crimes reported by peace activists from We Are Change UK and The Campaign to Make War History. In an unprecedented step, the case was handed to the War Crimes division of the Counter Terrorism branch who are now investigating allegations of 14 criminal offences committed by Tony Blair, Lord Goldsmith and others. The offences are under the International Criminal Court Act 2001, which came into effect under English common law, just two days before 9/11.
Two Members of We Are Change UK and a representative from the Campaign to Make War History were interviewed for six hours at Belgravia Police station on the 20th December 2007. Evidence was provided to the police relating to the crimes of:-
• genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and conduct ancillary to these crimes under Sections 51 and 52 of The International Criminal Court Act 2001.
• a crime against peace and complicity in a crime against peace under Articles 6 and 7 of The Nuremburg Principles.
• murder, incitement to murder and conspiracy to murder under the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.
• conspiracy to commit genocide, a crime against humanity and war crimes under the Criminal Law Act 1977.
Details of the alleged breaches of international treaties and violations of the laws of war will be provided at the meeting.
Chris Coverdale (The Campaign to Make War History): 020 8540 2865;
John McDonnell MP: 020 7219 6908;
Simon Moore 0208 560 1319, Rob Little 07915 063322 (We Are Change UK)
83, Priory Gardens, London N6 5QU Tel: 020 8540 2865
Update: The press conference can now be viewed on YouTube.
‘Blair Government police investigation for war crimes’ Part 1
‘Blair Government police investigation for war crimes’ Part 2
‘Blair Government police investigation for war crimes’ Part 3
‘Blair Government police investigation for war crimes’ Part 4