News Commentary – Sept 30, 2012
There is far more to this story than there first appears. It’s not just about a media figure abusing the trust of innocents and raping schoolgirls. Nor is it simply about how, by their admission the rapist’s media colleagues ‘colluded with him as a child abuser’.
For in spite of the acknowledgment the cover up continues. For in effect the exposure of some crimes assists in the concealment of others, far worse.
Jimmy Savile ‘raped schoolgirl guests on his TV shows’
Sadie Grey – Times Online.co.uk Sept 30, 2012
Sir Jimmy Savile was a sex abuser who preyed upon schoolgirls he had invited to appear as guests on his hit television shows, a documentary will allege this week.
A number of women have come forward with claims dating back to the 1970′s that the late broadcaster raped or sexually assaulted them in his Rolls Royce and at BBC Television Centre.
To continue reading the rest of this article Times Online expects readers to pay Rupurt Murdoch for what is essentially old news.
For this website first reported on Jimmy Savile’s perverted lusts nearly a year ago in the report entitled Death of a Showman: Jimmy Saville 1926-2011.
What’s more we didn’t demand payment from readers to read the story.
Then to add insult to injury the Times Online only presents a sanitised account of Savile’s exploits. It pointedly omits to mention that he was a serial abuser who not only preyed upon underage girls but young boys too.
Even more tellingly it fails to mention Savile’s links to Haut de la Garenne, the Jersey children’s home where human remains were found and where children were allegedly tortured and sexually abused for many years.
So far from being news the Times Online report is what is known as the Limited Hangout. This is a technique whereby to reduce public backlash over immoral or criminal acts, sanitised accounts of what had been previously unknown are released to an unwitting public.
Crucially, the effectiveness of the Limited Hangout depends on the omission of certain key items of information. This leads the public to think that the truth is finally being revealed to them, when in fact they are only being fed half-truths.
In effect the supposed ‘revelation’ amounts to little more than disinformation.
So beyond omitting to mention Savile’s taste for young boys and his links with the notorious Haut de la Garenne children’s home in Jersey, the Times Online also overlooks the establishment figures involved with Savile.
It omits to mention that the Keeper of the Queen’s art collection, Sir Anthony Blunt had blocked earlier police investigations into activities involving Savile. This, according to our informant, came straight from the lips of an angry detective involved in the earlier police investigation.
Yet the Time Online demands payment for this even as it continues the cover-up.
For according to our informant, Murdoch’s News International knew who and what was involved in the original investigation even as they buried the information. Now they are being forced to partially divulge what they knew as some of Savile’s victims will testify in a documentary to be broadcast later this week.
According to Esther Rantzen, Savile’s media colleagues had “colluded with him as a child abuser”.
After viewing the documentary, Esther Rantzen has told how some in broadcasting ‘blocked our ears’ to claims about Jimmy Savile made during his career.
In an emotional interview, the broadcaster and Childline founder told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I feel that we in television, in his world, in some way colluded with him as a child abuser – because I now believe that’s what he was. We all blocked our ears. There was gossip, there were rumours.’