Was Israel Warned Ahead of First Blast?

Reports just in suggest U.S. Army Radio quoting unconfirmed reliable sources reported a short time ago that Scotland Yard had intelligence warnings of the attacks a short time before they occurred.

The Israeli Embassy in London was notified in advance, resulting in Finance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining in his hotel room rather than make his way to the hotel adjacent to the site of the first explosion, a Liverpool Street train station, where he was to address and economic summit.

At present, train and bus services in London have been suspended following the series of attacks.

Israeli officials have stressed the advanced Scotland Yard warning does not in any way indicate Israel was the target in the series of apparent terror attacks.

Israel not ‘warned of attacks’
Press Association – July 7, 2005 12:46pm

Israel was not warned about possible terror attacks in London before at least six blasts ripped through the city, Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom has said.

A Foreign Ministry official had said earlier that British police warned the Israeli Embassy in London of possible terror attacks minutes before the first explosion.
“There was no early information about terrorist attacks,” Shalom told Israel Army Radio. “After the first explosion an order was given that no one move until things become clear.”

Netanyahu Changed Plans Due to Warning
Amy Teibel – Associated Press July 7, 2005

British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday’s explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had planned to attend an economic conference in a hotel over the subway stop where one of the blasts occurred, and the warning prompted him to stay in his hotel room instead, government officials said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he wasn’t aware of any Israeli casualties.

Just before the blasts, Scotland Yard called the security officer at the Israeli Embassy to say they had received warnings of possible attacks, the official said. He did not say whether British police made any link to the economic conference.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the nature of his position.

The Israeli Embassy was in a state of emergency after the explosions in London, with no one allowed to enter or leave, said the Israeli ambassador to London, Zvi Hefet.

All phone lines to the embassy were down, said Danny Biran, an Israeli Foreign Ministry official.

The ministry set up a situation room to deal with hundreds of phone calls from concerned relatives. Thousands of Israelis are living in London or visiting the city at this time, Biran said.

Amir Gilad, a Netanyahu aide, told Israel Radio that Netanyahu’s entourage was receiving updates all morning from British security officials, and “we have also asked to change our plans.”

Netanyahu had been scheduled to stay in London until Sunday, but that could change, Gilad said.

Comment – What Really Happened

Okay, here we are. Netanyahu knew he had to stay in his hotel room to be safe from the explosions. His explanation was that British police gave the Israeli embassy a warning about possible terror attacks about to happen, a warning apparently not made available to the public.

Now Israel is saying they received no advance warning and the British authorities are saying they had no advance intelligence of a pending attack.


“By way of deception, thou shalt do war.” — Motto of the Mossad

Cover-up Underway
July 7 – 22:00
Please note that we copied the above stories into our own format earlier today. Since then some of the stories have been edited on the websites where they first appeared; in several instances having been altered to report that Netanyahu was warned only after the explosions took place rather than before. In other words a cover-up is underway to conceal Israeli foreknowledge of the attacks. Ed.

Also see:
Zionists finally strike London

Terror Attacks in London