Huffington Post – August 13, 2011
Former child-star Corey Feldman is making some shocking claims in a new interview with ABC’s Nightline.
The 40-year-old actor, who starred in hit films in the 1980s like “The Goonies” and “Stand By Me,” told Nightline that the biggest threat to children in show business is something that just isn’t talked about – pedophilia.
“I can tell you that the number one problem in Hollywood was, and is, and always will be pedophilia. That’s the biggest problem for children in this industry… it’s all done under the radar. It’s the big secret,” he said.
Feldman said he was surrounded by pedophiles when he was 14-years-old and didn’t realize until he was older just what these “vultures” were and what they wanted. Feldman says it was these people who abused both him and close friend and troubled teen actor Corey Haim, who died last year at the age of 38.
“There is one person to blame in the death of Corey Haim, and that person happens to be a Hollywood mogul — and that person needs to be exposed but unfortunately I can’t be the one to do it,” he said.
Both Feldman and Haim have talked about their abuse before, even confronting one another about it on their 2008 reality series “Two Coreys,” revealing that they were both being molested by different people at the same time.
Feldman told Nightline, “There are so many people in this industry who have gotten away with it for so long that they feel they’re above the law. And that’s got to change, that’s got to stop.”
There still seems to be a rift between Feldman and Haim’s family. When Haim died in 2010, Feldman was not invited to the funeral and when Nightline reached out to Haim’s mother for comment, she told them she wasn’t going to respond to anything Feldman had to say, and wishes he would only talk about himself.