“I have just finished looking through a huge file generated by the DoS about all the loot the Bush family have been accumulating since he took office. This man is as crooked as a dog’s hind leg and the rest of his family is not any better. This is only a brief sampling for your entertainment and later we discover sets of diamond two caret earrings for the wife and Imperial Daughters, a platinum diamond-studded Rolex for the Emperor, the first valued at $200,000 and the latter at only $80,000 and on and on. The cheap junk goes to a Christian charity and the rest ends up in the hands of the family. No wonder they tried so hard and spent so much money to get into the White House. Oil prices are going through the roof, the dollar is worth nothing, the country is falling apart as I speak but the Bush family is making out just fine, thank you very much. I recall the story of Marie Antoinette’s famous diamond necklace that started the French Revolution. When your jobs is outsourced to India, your pension stops paying out, your Social Security goes Dixie, feel proud that the Bush family will not have to suffer.”
· On January 30th, 2003, President Bush received a watch with a black leather band, white gold housing and perpetual calendar held in a black leather case from Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Council of Ministers. Valued at $12,000
· On February 3, 2003. President Bush received a clock, 11” gold-plated silver and enamel with date display, paintings of wildlife on three sides, and a pale blue domed top painted with gold stars, held in a blue leather presentation case. From Hamad hin Essa Al Kahalifa, King of Bahrain and valued at $4,000.
· On February 27, 2003, President Bush received an 80” by 118” red Afghan area rug from Hamid Karzai, Chairman of the Interim Authority of Afghanistan. Valued at $4.500.
· On May 8, 2003, President Bush received a sterling silver mantel clock with round face and set on half moon wooden base with five gnus around the edge; held in a red leather presentation case. From His Highness Shiekh Hamad bin Khalfia Al Thani, Amir of the State of Quatar. Valued at $3,000.
· On May 28, 2003, President Bush received a jade table clock with gold detailing and topped with pearl-studded crown . From Vladimir Putin, Russian Chief of State. Value at $7,500
· On June 3, 2003, President Bush received a gold-rimmed oyster shell box with gold outline of Baharain on inside of lie and filled with many pearls. From Shaykh Hamid bin Essa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain. Valued at $2,500.
· On June 3, 2003, President Bush received a mantel clock with malachite base and statue of horse on top detailed in silver and gold vermeil and held in a green leather case. From Abdannah bin Abd al-Aziz, Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and Commander of the National Guard. Valued at $8,500.
· On June 5, 2003, President Bush received a silk rug depicting the crucifixion of Christ. From Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Amir of the State of Qatar. Valued at $5,200.
· On July 11, 2003, President Bush received an oil painting. From Yowen Kaguta Musevein, President of Uganda. Valued at $5,600.
· On July 15, 2003, President Bush received a set of Egerman Bohemian crystal sherry glasses with silver detailing and matching decanter. From Vladimir Spidla, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic. Valued at $1,244.
· On July 20, 2003, President Bush received an alabaster sculpture, “The Flight from Carthage.” From Silvia Berlusconi, Presiodent of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic. Valued at $4,500.
· On September 26, 2003, President Bush received a book containing pictures of the forty three presidents and studded with precious stones. From Vladimir Putin, Russian Chief of State. Valued at $45, 000.
· On May 9, 2003, the First Lady received a pair of pearl earrings set in 18 k gold. From the President of the Phillipines. Valued at $2,500.
· On June 3, 2003, the First Lady received a matching set of diamond and sapphire jewelry, including earrings, bracelet, ring and necklace. From the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Valued at $95,000.
· On July 21, 2003, the First Lady received a silver choker necklace with 3.12 carets of diamonds in three tiers. From Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic. Valued at $7,500.
· On October 19, 2003, the First Lady received a gold and silver apple shaped box with a diamond inlay. From Her Majesty, Queen Sinkit of Thiland. Valued at $3,500.
· On June 3, 2003, the First Family received jewelry consisting of Bvlgari white gold necklace, ring and earring set of pearls and diamonds. From the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Valued at $8,500.
· On June 3, 2003, the First Family received jewelry consisting of a white gold hecklace, ring, and earring set of diamonds set in black onyz. From the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Valued at $8,000.
See our Inside the White House archive: