1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. "The War on Terror"
  4.  » 
  5. Iran
  6.  » Trump sought options for possible strike on Iran

Introduction – Nov 17, 2020

It looks as if the U.S. is not going to launch military strikes on Iran, at least not just yet.
President Trump had reportedly asked his advisers for “options” after international inspectors informed United Nations members that Iran had significantly increased its stockpile of nuclear material. Fortunately, his advisers persuaded him against launching a military strike as punishment.
Nonetheless we strongly suspect that the prospect of outright military conflict with Iran will be kept on a back burner.
Right now world leaders have enough on their hands dealing with Covid-19, the resultant economic downturn and proposed mass vaccinations. However, if the public won’t meekly accept mass-vaccinations, and whatever else is planned, then the Globalist planners will demand that tensions with Iran be brought back to the boil.
That isn’t going to happen just yet because mass vaccinations have to be rolled out and that could take another year or two. But if during that time resistance to mass vaccination grows, then expect the prospect of a cataclysmic war with Iran – and maybe Russia and China too – to loom ever larger.
We are confident that this will happen — no matter who is in the Oval Office. Ed.

Trump was ‘talked out of’ launching a strike on Iran in punishment for ‘hiding its nuclear weapons program’ last week after his top advisers warned it could trigger a war – but he is ‘still mulling options to punish Tehran’

  • President Trump asked senior advisers about taking action against Iran’s main nuclear site at a meeting last Thursday, the New York Times reported Monday 
  • Four current and former US officials said Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were among those present at the meeting 
  • The meeting took place a day after international inspectors informed UN members that Iran had significantly increased its stockpile of nuclear material
  • Trump’s advisers talked him out of launching a strike by warning that such action could trigger a wider conflict with Iran, weeks before Joe Biden takes power 
  • The strike likely would have targeted Iran’s main nuclear site, Natanz

Megan Sheets for Daily Mail and Associated Press – Nov 17, 2020

President Donald Trump considered launching a strike against Iran‘s main nuclear facility last week before senior advisers talked him out of the dramatic action, according to two new reports.

Trump asked top national security aides including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Acting Defense Secretary Christopher C Miller and Chairman of Joint Chiefs Mark Milley about the potential strike at a meeting in the Oval Office last Thursday, the New York Times reported Monday, citing four current and former US officials.

The meeting took place a day after international inspectors informed United Nations members that Iran had significantly increased its stockpile of nuclear material.

Trump’s advisers ultimately dissuaded him from launching a strike by warning that such action could trigger a wider conflict with Iran, the Times sources said, weeks before Trump is due to hand over power to Joe Biden.

They said any strike, either by missile or cyber, would likely have targeted Iran’s main nuclear enrichment facility, Natanz.

A separate source confirmed Times’ account of the meeting to Reuters, saying: ‘[Trump] asked for options. They gave him the scenarios and he ultimately decided not to go forward.’

The International Atomic Energy Agency, a watchdog for the UN, reported in a confidential document last Wednesday that Iran’s uranium stockpile is now 12 times larger than the limit set under the nuclear accord Trump pulled out of in 2018.

The agency said that as of November 2 Iran had a stockpile of 2,442.9 kilograms (5,385.7 pounds) of low-enriched uranium, up from 2,105.4 kilograms (4,641.6 pounds) reported on August 25.

The nuclear deal signed in 2015 with the US, Germany, France, Britain, China and Russia, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), allows Iran only to keep a stockpile of 202.8 kilograms (447 pounds).

The IAEA reported that Iran has also been continuing to enrich uranium to a purity of up to 4.5 percent, higher than the 3.67 percent allowed under the deal.

Natanz, also called the Pilot Fuel Enrichment Plant, is located about 200 miles south of Tehran. Most of the complex is underground and it is subject to monitoring by IAEA under the nuclear accord.

In its latest report the IAEA also said that Iran had barred its inspectors from accessing another site where there was evidence of past nuclear activity.

Continues …