1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Commentary
  4.  » Prince Andrew faces more lurid claims

New court evidence that he DID meet with his teenage accuser Virginia Roberts – despite claiming he had ‘no recollection’ of sex-trafficking victim – will be made public in a string of American civil lawsuit

Mark Hookham – Mail on Sunday March 1, 2020

Prince Andrew, 16-year-old Virginia Roberts and Ghislaine Maxwell. Click to enlarge

Explosive new evidence undermining Prince Andrew‘s claim that he did not know teenage trafficking victim Virginia Roberts is set to emerge in the United States, her lawyer claimed last night.

In an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, David Boies said further evidence linking the Duke of York with Ms Roberts will be made public as part of a string of civil lawsuits being brought in America by victims of serial paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

His comments came after this newspaper last week revealed that a highly respected former Royal protection officer has raised questions about Andrew’s ‘alibi’ for the night he allegedly had sex with Ms Roberts in London.

Ms Roberts claims that she was flown to London by Epstein in March 2001 when she was 17 and coerced into having sex with the Duke. This was the first of three alleged sexual encounters with the Prince.

Andrew, 60, has categorically denied the claims, and in November he told Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis: ‘I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever.’

But Mr Boies, who with his colleague Sigrid McCawley is representing Ms Roberts and seven more Epstein’s victims, last night accused the Queen’s second son and his advisers of ‘continuing to dissemble’.

‘There is other evidence that will come out that undercuts his assertion that he didn’t know Virginia, had not been with her,’ he said.


Continues …