Kevin Spacey ‘sexually assaulted House of Cards employee and made atmosphere on set toxic’

Barney Henderson — Telegraph.co.uk Nov 3, 2017

house of cardsKevin Spacey has been accused of sexually assaulting a male former employee of the House of Cards television series, US media reported on Thursday evening.

Eight current or former House of Cards workers also claimed that the 56-year-old actor made the production a “toxic” workplace, CNN reported.

Their identities were withheld because they said they feared professional fallout. All of the employees the news channel interviewed described Spacey’s behaviour as predatory.

He allegedly targeted employees who were typically young and male with nonconsensual touching and crude comments, the report stated.

A former production assistant reportedly alleged that Spacey sexually assaulted him during one of the Netflix show’s early seasons.

There was no response from Netflix or Spacey to the allegations about his behaviour on the set of the hit series.

The talent agency CAA stopped representing Spacey as of late Thursday evening, The Associated Press reported.

A person with knowledge of the decision who was not authorised to speak publicly confirmed that both CAA and Spacey’s publicist Staci Wolfe had parted ways with the actor amid the growing claims of sexual harassment against him.

Representatives from the agency did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Spacey is seeking unspecified treatment, his representatives said earlier on Thursday.

“Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment,” his representatives said in a statement late on Wednesday.

Netflix has suspended filming of season six of House of Cards in the wake of allegations that Spacey attempted to seduce 14-year-old actor Anthony Rapp in 1986.

Spacey apologised earlier this week for the incident but said he didn’t recall what might have been “drunken behaviour”.

Continues … 

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.