Corey Feldman launches campaign to expose Hollywood paedophile ring

Stephanie Merry — The Independent Oct 26, 2017

corey-feldman

Long before a tidal wave of women came forward with allegations against Harvey Weinstein, Corey Feldman was sounding the alarm about Hollywood sex abuse. In his 2013 memoir Coreyography, he detailed how, when he and his friend and co-star Corey Haim were the biggest child stars of the 1980s, they were allegedly sexually assaulted by men in the industry. According to Feldman, Haim was raped when he was 11.

The Lost Boys star never revealed the names of the men responsible, however, and since the dam broke on the Weinstein story, the actor-turned-musician has come under tremendous pressure on social media to expose the guilty parties.

He’s listened to the pleading, and he’s ready to come forward – but not quite yet. In an emotional video he posted to Twitter on Wednesday, Feldman said he wants to make a movie about his experience.

It will be the “most honest and true depiction of child abuse ever portrayed,” he said. He plans to direct, produce and self-distribute it – “with your donations.” He started an Indiegogo campaign for $10 million that will be used for a legal team and security for him and his family, he said, plus funds to create the film.

“Right off the bat I can name six names,” Feldman promised, “one of them who’s still very powerful today.” He also said he can show a link between paedophilia and one of the major studios.

He’s hoping to bring down a paedophile ring with the movie, not to mention revolutionize the film industry, making it safer for child actors.

In the meantime, he’s concerned for his own safety. His band’s tour bus was pulled over for speeding Saturday night and, after police officers detected marijuana, he and his crew were taken to a police station where they were charged with a misdemeanour for marijuana possession.

The next day, Feldman addressed reports of his arrest on Twitter.

He explained that he and his crew simply paid a fine and that was that. But he also wrote that he found “the timing of all this ironic,” considering it came on the heels of his announcement on social media that he was working on a plan to “shed some light on” Hollywood predators.

Since then, he also claims he was nearly killed by two trucks in a crosswalk, and that several band members quit, fearing for their safety.

“It’s not easy,” he said in the video. “I’ve been degraded at great levels. Rumors have been told, stories have been made up about me… all because they fear what I know.”

“Justice will be served,” he promised. “Because this is about good and evil.”

The Washington Post

Source

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.