Andy Lines — Daily Record Aug 7, 2017
The dad of Diana’s death crash driver Henri Paul claims UK police told him she was murdered.
Jean Paul fears he will go to his grave without knowing the full story behind the August 1997 crash that killed his son, Diana and her lover Dodi Fayed.
He remains convinced the royal and Dodi were killed to stop the mum of the future King William marrying a Muslim – and the couple’s chauffeur was “collateral damage”.
Despite official inquiries ruling Diana and Dodi died in an accident when French driver Henri crashed their car in a Paris tunnel, Jean insisted they were targeted in an Establishment plot.
And he claims some British police investigating the smash also believe the pair were “bumped off”.
Speaking at his home in Lorient, Brittany, Jean said: “Diana was killed and my son was killed. I believe they were both murdered.
“My son was simply collateral damage of a plot to kill Diana and they killed him as well.
“I am 100 per cent sure he was not involved in this plot. He was too honourable and too honest.
“The English police came here to visit me and sat exactly where you are sitting now.
“Even inside Scotland Yard there are two sides. One believes there was a secret plot to kill Diana, the other believes it was a genuine accident.
“Even today there are too many classified secrets with this incident. I have no real hope to know what really happened. Perhaps it will be known in 30 or 50 years.
“I would really like to know before I die but I don’t think it will happen.”
The former council worker angrily hit back at claims Henri, 41, was boozed up at the time of the crash almost 20 years ago. He added: “He was not an alcoholic. He was not a drug addict. That’s just lies.”
He claimed his son’s blood sample could have been swapped or tampered with to make it appear he had drink in his system.
Jean, who saw Henri’s body at a hospital, said: “On that day there were over 20 autopsies that took place and it was easy for the authorities to switch blood samples. That is what I believe happened.”
The jury at Diana’s inquest, which heard from 250 witnesses and lasted three months, found the 36-year-old and Dodi, 42, had been unlawfully killed and the deaths were the result of “gross negligence” on the part of Henri and paparazzi following their Mercedes on motorbikes.
In 2013, police insisting there was “no credible evidence” behind reports that SAS troops were behind the deaths.
There were also allegations a mystery white Fiat Uno could have collided with Diana and Dodi’s car.
But Jean said: “It took them over an hour to get Diana to hospital and that is when they made arrangements to make up the story about the Fiat Uno. It was a diversion and a decoy.
“This was just one of the many things that do not add up. I still cannot believe a street cleaning vehicle was going through the tunnel cleaning up just a few hours after the accident. That is shocking.”
Dodi’s father Mohamed Al-Fayed also believes his son and Diana were murdered by an Establishment appalled at the idea of having a Muslim wed a royal.
A friend of the former Harrods owner reportedly said last week: “Mohamed remains confident that information will emerge confirming his belief that Dodi and Diana were deliberately killed by the security services. He always says, ‘My son was slaughtered.’”
Diana’s former lover James Hewitt told an inquiry into her death that he was “warned off” and received phone calls telling him to end their liaison, which lasted from 1989 to 1990.
But he denied reports he had been warned by MI5 that if he did not stop seeing her, he would die in a car crash.
Diana’s first lover after her marriage to Prince Charles , bodyguard Barry Mannakee, was killed in a 1987 road smash. Some of his family believe the secret services were behind the death, but that has never been proven.
His brother-in-law Richard Emmins reportedly claimed: “Getting to the truth will probably be impossible. We are up against the Establishment. They only let you know as much as they want you to.”
On Saturday, chauffeur Karim Kazi claimed the Mercedes was a “death-trap” and should never have been on the road after it was written off and parts stolen.
And Jean added his thoughts to the state of the Mercedes the princess and Dodi died in. He said: “The truth is the car was old and it was dangerous and it should not have been driven.
“The brakes were dangerous. They discovered six per cent water in the brake fluid. How did that happen?
“There was a piece of metal found at the scene but nobody knows what it was.”
Jean told of the moment he and wife Giselle were told their son had died.
He said: “I was here at home and the phone went in the middle of the night.
“It was about 3am, it was a colleague of Henri. He told me Henri was dead.”
Henri was buried but was later exhumed and cremated. His ashes were placed with those of his brothers.
Jean said: “The very last thing I want to say about this incident is – someone killed my son.”