Leader’s Top Military Aide: War against Iran Brings Threat to All US Bases in Region

Introduction — June 15, 2017

Iran's Sejil-2 missile, which has a range of 2,000 kilometres

Iran’s Sejil-2 missile, which has a range of 2,000 kilometres

A warning from an aide to Ayatollah Khamenei that war against Iran would put all regional U.S. bases in danger isn’t an empty threat. The U.S. knows this and has already taken steps to counter General Safavi’s threat.
The U.S. has numerous bases in the region: in Oman, UAE, Kuwait Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel. In addition it also has an operational base at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan, where a sizable contingent of U.S. service personnel are stationed. All these bases are well within range of Iran’s missiles.
As a result the U.S. military have changed their tactics and this is reflected in the rhetoric coming from U.S. politicians. Despite President Trump’s confrontational stance on many issues readers will note that we no longer hear talk about “all options” regarding to Iran.
At one stage that phrase, with its implied threat of war, was being uttered regularly by U.S. politicians. We don’t hear it so often now; as if the U.S. wanted to avoid giving the impression that it sought military confrontation with Iran.
The U.S. hasn’t given up on its goal of regime change in Tehran though. Instead of direct military confrontation it is now working to achieve this through third parties: through Islamic State (otherwise known as ISIS, ISIL or Daesh), through the long-running animosity between the Saudis and Iran and in Syria.
Until Russia’s intervention in Syria it looked as if that plan was working. That has now changed and with ongoing battlefield defeats for Islamic State it looks as if the proxies, or their U.S. controllers, have decided to change their tactics.
This became apparent last week when ISIS launched twin attacks in Tehran. Whether more will follow remains to be seen but the underlying message is clear: the U.S. still wants regime change in Tehran. Ed.

Leader’s Top Military Aide: War against Iran Brings Threat to All US Bases in Region

Fars News — June 15, 2017

Top Military Aide to the Iranian Supreme Leader Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi warned Washington that all US bases in the region will come under attack in case any hostile military action is taken against Iran.

“If the US decides to start any war against Iran, all its military bases in the region will experience insecurity,” General Safavi said, addressing a ceremony in Tehran on Wednesday.

He also underlined that Iran can hit regions 2,000km away from its borders with its precision-striking missiles.

In relevant remarks in February, General Safavi said the US, Israel and Britain are not able to pose a major threat to the Islamic Republic, underlining that Iran enjoys a high level of military power and capability.

“Foreign and trans-regional enemies, specially the triangle of the American, Zionist and British devils and their regional servants, cannot pose a serious military threat to us…….as the Iranian nation and the Islamic establishment has grown powerful enough to defend Iran’s national interests and security and return any kind of possible aggression with an unimaginable strike at the enemies of Islam and Iran,” General Safavi said.

He, meantime, underlined that Tehran would never underestimate its enemies and will always continue to boost its domestic power and capability in all aspects of military, economy and culture.

 

Source

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.