London attacks: Shot suspects wore ‘fake’ explosive vests

ITV — June 4, 2017

Man on the ground in Borough Market area with what appears to be cannisters strapped to his body. Click to enlarge

Man on the ground in Borough Market area with what appears to be cannisters strapped to his body. Click to enlarge

The suspects behind a London terror attack which killed at least six people were wearing ‘fake’ explosive vests, it has emerged.

Police confirmed three suspects who launched an attack on London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday night “were wearing what looked like explosive vests” but that “these were later established to be hoaxes”.

In a statement released in the early hours of Sunday morning Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said the attackers had been shot dead by officers within eight minutes of police receiving the first call about the attack at 10.08pm on Saturday.

Source

London terror suspects were wearing fake suicide vests

Georgia Diebelius — Metro June 4, 2017

Three suspects who were shot dead during a terror attack in London last night were wearing fake suicide vests, it has been revealed.

Six people were killed after three attackers drove a vehicle into pedestrians on London Bridge and then stabbed people in Borough Market.

A further 20 were rushed to hospital with injuries.

One of the injured is a policeman.

Speaking out at 3.50am, Mark Rowley, Britain’s top anti-terrorism officer, said police shot dead all three suspects within eight minutes of the first 999 call.

Continues …

2 responses to “London attacks: Shot suspects wore ‘fake’ explosive vests”

  1. […] London attacks: Shot suspects wore ‘fake’ explosive vests […]

  2. […] London attacks: Shot suspects wore ‘fake’ explosive vests […]