Press TV — March 19, 2017
Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah fighters and their allies in the army have fired a long-range ballistic missile at an airbase in the Saudi capital Riyadh, marking the second such attack on the city, a report says.
The missile of Borkan-2 type accurately struck King Salman Air Base on Saturday, Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported.
In a statement carried by Yemen’s official Saba news agency, a Houthi military official said the missile attack came in retaliation for the criminal Saudi war on Yemen.
Meanwhile, the Yemeni army pledged that missiles would target the Saudi territory until the regime’s bombing campaign stops.
It further announced that 108 ballistic missiles have been fired at positions held by Saudi invaders inside and outside Yemen so far.
Separately on Saturday, Yemeni fighters targeted with a Zelzal-1 missile a gathering place of Saudi mercenaries in the al-Ramzah district in the kingdom’s southwestern Jizan region.
They also launched a missile attack against positions held by the mercenaries in al-Maton district of Yemen’s northern Jawf province.
Saudi officials have not made any comments on the reports yet.
Last month, the Houthis confirmed the firing of a ballistic missile at the al-Mazahmiya army base in western Riyadh, in the first such attack by the Yemeni forces on the Saudi capital.
On the battlefield, Yemeni snipers shot dead two Saudi soldiers in Jizan on Saturday.
A mine blast also hit two Saudi armored vehicles in Saudi Arabia’s southern Najran region.
Saudi Arabia has been leading a deadly military campaign against Yemen since March 2015. The kingdom has also imposed an aerial and naval blockade on its southern neighbor.
Britain and the US have provided huge amounts of arms and military training to the Saudi forces.
The war by Saudi Arabia, which seeks to restore to power Yemen’s former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, has killed over 12,000 Yemenis, according to recent tallies.