The Story They Don’t Want You To Read!

Dear friends and others,

You have in your hands the genuine, US government-signed and issued smoking gun of 911.

Now you know how I felt when this NORAD news release crossed my desk late one night in a blur of too many late nights. Like an overlooked explosive device emplaced just a week after Sept. 11, this little gem blew up as soon as I scanned it. Holy smokes! Woke me right up: a statement by the Pentagon saying basically that they had deliberately let it happen.

“Stand down” is militareze for “put down your weapons”. Which is exactly what happened on a day that traumatized a nation of somnambulists into welcoming their own police state.

I can’t think of a more accurate description for Patriot 1 and Patriot II, the Guantanamo gulag, surrogate Syrian torture chambers, airport “watch lists” – and soon-to-be-introduced by the grandson of the man who financed Hitler – scanning of mandatory ID cards (or “more convenient” implanted VeriChipsT) for all purchases and police requests.

At least, for those they let out of the camps.

Am I really saying this? Haven’t I spent countless hours on talk radio trying to calm hysterical Americans who see a NATO tank around every street corner? After all, I’ve lived under martial law in Milwaukee, while the ghetto burned to the nighttime ccompaniment of shotgun blasts and automatic weapons back in ’67.

Martial law is very nuts. Since everyone gets the democratic choice of staying inside during curfew – or getting shot – everything stops. Parking all those cars may be good for global warming. But it’s hell on businesses and wage earners. (Just ask a Palestinian.) Imposing military law indefinitely basically crashes the economy. Not to mention – at least in the Excited States where everyone owns at least 15 guns – risking civil war when all those yahoos, rednecks, militias, whackos and paranoids are proven right.

What I hadn’t reckoned on is the massive and mounting desperation tightening like a noose around a gang of seriously psychotic paranoids watching the wheels come off their war wagon.

It’s not looking good in “Eyerack”. Or Afghanistan. Or Illinois, for that matter. Pick your state. The whole country’s tanking. Washington’s weapons debt is poking another hole in the stratosphere, both poles are melting, cheap oil is about to run out – hell, why not pull the plug on pretenses and just get down and RULE by naked intimidation and force?

Don’t look at me. I’m only a reporter repeating what General Tommy Franks said a few days ago. Flying a trial balloon above swiftly gathering darkness, the Desert Stormtrooper stated that it would take just one more “big attack” on Americans to “suspend the Constitution” and bring in “a military government.”

Say what?

In a statement heard round the world and hardly at all in the land of the free, Franks managed to make martial law sound, if not reasonable, at least inevitable. And imminent.

Which snaps NORAD’s admission below into even sharper focus – by confirming the Sept. 11 installment of a silent coup that took place in Dallas over Kennedy’s dead body, warned would-be resisters not to resist by murdering a dozen or so children at Waco, then really got ruthless at Oklahoma City – before stealing the present presidency outright and putting all future electronic election results under direct Washington control.

Which isn’t all that difficult when the media lays down like a White House whore.

Too bad all those innocent people had to die. I don’t mean just in Manhattan, DC and Pennsylvania – but all the children, wives and mothers, sons, daughters, fathers, husbands, infants and elders blown to bits in so many more buildings, villages and suburban homes equally vulnerable to terror weapons hurled without warning from the sky.

Old News and New News

The following information will be old news to many Internet junkies.

What’s new – and so explosive none of the hundreds of “news” agencies who received this story dared print or broadcast it – is that this official confession can’t be spun!

I know because I called NORAD in Colorado Springs and asked the spin-doctor on duty about their own press statement. I wanted to know why on Sept. 11, all the interceptors flew so slow? Maybe there was some kind of regulation or something, prohibiting them from flying faster than the airliners they were chasing?

After a brief pause, the Public Disinformation Officer said he would have to buck this smoking info-grenade “upstairs”. He would get back to me if they could defuse the damn thing. I said great. I would look forward to quoting NORAD verbatim in the story I would be releasing worldwide in five days.

Since NORAD never got back to me with either confirmation or correction, it’s probably safe to conclude what is already starkly apparent: namely, that the “official” airspeeds of the Sept. 11 interceptors corroborate – and are in turn confirmed by – the logged flight times of fighters scrambled during what was the biggest military debacle on US soil since the Canadians sacked Washington. Or another day of deception as treacherous as the closely tracked Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

Pre-Emptive Strike

Five days later, a shorter version of the story on your screen went by special, paid news wire to every major news org in Europe. It also went to all major media across Canada, as well as the biggest broadcasters, news magazines and newspapers in the USA.

Somebody somewhere – possibly Newsweek or the NY Times – must’ve scanned my memo and bucked it back to NORAD. Next thing I know, Colorado Springs emails me my own news release. The accompanying message is one sentence: “Is this your writing?”

“Yes,” I wrote back, feeling flattered to be asked. Especially since I’d never sent NORAD a copy.

But this was not the time to get into a terseness contest. Since we were developing such a cozy relationship, I asked NORAD why the ready alert jets at Andrews hadn’t been scrambled that morning. Perhaps they could get back to me on that? And then we could discuss the shootdown over Pennsylvania.

Since no ordnance was expended, and I was not actually buzzed, I can only conclude that the American F-15 that flew past my place 20 minutes after I pressed “Send” was on a routine return mission from the big Canadian air base nearby. Still, I took it as a hopeful sign that I had rattled some cages at Cheyenne Mountain. (My landlord saw it differently, and began erecting a blast wall.) Alas, my advances to the not normally shy NORAD must have been too forward. Because that was the end of our correspondence.

But not the end of this story. Feel free to clip and post it to your local news mafia.

Pentagon says Sept. 11 interceptors flew:

William Thomas Senior Correspondent Dec. 5/03

It happens all the time. When a small private plane recently entered the 23-mile restricted ring around the U.S. Capitol, two F-16 interceptors were immediately launched from Andrews Air Force Base, just 10 miles away.

In a similar episode, a pair of F-16 “Fighting Falcons” on 15-minute strip alert was airborne from Andrews just 11 minutes after being notified by the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) of a Cessna straying towards the White House. [AP Nov11/03; CNN June20/02]

These were well-practiced routines. With more than 4,500 aircraft continuously sharing U.S. airspace, between September 2000 and June 2001 the Pentagon launched fighters on 67 occasions to escort wayward aircraft. [FAA news release Aug/9/02; AP Aug13/02]

But on Sept 11, 2001, NORAD and the FAA ignored routine procedures and strict regulations. In response to a national emergency involving hijacked airliners as dangerous as cruise missiles, interceptors launched late from distant bases flew to defend their nation at a fraction of their top speeds. [NORAD news release Sept. 18/01]

What NORAD Knew

A recently resurfaced NORAD news bulletin released seven days after Sept. 11 explains that America’s aerial defenders were slow to counter rapidly developing air attacks because they didn’t hear from the FAA that American Airlines Flight 11 had been hijacked until 8:40 that fateful morning.

[NORAD news release Sept. 18/01]

But at the National Military Command Center (NMCC) in the basement of the Pentagon, Air Force staff officers monitoring every inch of airspace over the northeastern seaboard would have caught that first hijacking when Flight 11’s identification transponder stopped transmitting at 8:20 – automatically triggering a radar alarm.

With their capability to monitor developing “situations” by tapping into military and civilian radars, U.S. military commanders would have also seen Flight 175 turn abruptly south 25 minutes later – just as they had watched on radar in October 1999 when pro golfer Payne Stewart’s Learjet abruptly departed its flight path while enroute o Dallas. [CNN Oct26/1999]

In that legendary intercept, a fighter jet out of Tyndall, Florida was diverted from a training flight to escort the Lear, whose pilot had become incapacitated, trapping Stewart in the stratosphere. An F-16 was reportedly sitting off the left wingtip of Payne’s pilotless business jet within 19 minutes of the FAA alert. [ABC News Oct25/99]

If NORAD had been as quick to scramble or divert airborne fighters on Sept. 11, two “anti-terrorist” F-15’s on armed alert could have been sent south from Otis Air Force Base on Cape Cod. Flying at full afterburners without edging over the Atlantic to disperse their sonic footprint, two of the fastest fighters on the planet would have broken a few windows. But all the glass in the Twin Towers might have stayed intact had the “fast-movers” intercepted Flight 11 over the Hudson Rive at least six minutes from Manhattan.

No Hurry Says NORAD

Instead, in a stunning admission that received little press scrutiny at the time, NORAD noted that for all interceptions flown against the hijackers on Sept. 11, “Flight times are calculated at 9 miles per minute or .9 Mach.” In other words, every interception flown by the world’s hottest air-combat aircraft was flown at less than a third of the planes’ top speed.

A Defense Department manual insists, “In the event of a hijacking, the NMCC will be notified by the most expeditious means by the FAA.” To make this happen, the Federal Aviation Administration permanently posts a liaison officer in the Pentagon air defense room. [CJCSI 3610.01A, June1/01]. Yet, according to NORAD, after air traffic controllers realized that Flight 11 had been hijacked, 38 vital minutes passed before a pair of F-15’s was scrambled from Otis. As they lifted off, American Airlines Flight 11 struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center, 153 air miles away as a Falcon flies. [NORAD Sept. 18/01]

United Airlines Flight 175 was still 20 minutes out.

“The F-15 pilots flew ”like a scalded ape, topping 500 mph but were unable to catch up to the airliner,” Maj. Gen. Paul Weaver later told reporters. [St. Augustine Times Sept16/01]

Scalded apes? Airliners fly at 500 mph. An F-15 can fly almost four-times faster.

Step On It

One of the Otis intercept pilots dubbed “Duff”, later lamented: “We’ve been over the flight a thousand times in our minds and I don’t know what we could have done to get there any quicker.”

For starters, he and his wingman could have tried pushing their twin throttles fully forward. Instead of flying two-and-a-half times faster than a bullet, “Nasty” and “Duff” drove their expensive air superiority fighters at a leisurely 447-mph – supposedly to intercept a Boeing 767 flying 43 mph faster! Utilizing only 27% power, the F-15’s were “eight minutes/71 miles” away, according to NORAD, when Flight 175 struck the South Tower with 56 souls and more than ten tons of fuel onboard.

[Christian Science Monitor Mar8/02]

Honour The Threat

With both Trade Towers burning, and hijacked United Flight 93 shadowed by a circling F-16 over Pennsylvania, American Airlines Flight 77 was the only threat left in the sky. When that Boeing 757 silenced its transponder signal, made a U-turn over Kentucky and headed directly for the White House and the Pentagon, one billion viewers riveted to the big networks knew this was a kamikaze run. [Telegraph Sept13/01]

With no other bogeys on eastern seaboard scopes, air combat doctrine dictates that the two unemployed Otis F-15s already in the area be redirected to “honor the threat” of an incoming flying bomb, 330 miles out. Even loafing along, the fighters would have more than 20 minutes to confront Flight 77 before it neared the Pentagon.

Instead, Pentagon professionals defending their country’s nerve centers waited more than an hour after watching Flight 11 go rogue – including 30 critical minutes after Flight 77 turned abruptly toward them and the nearby White House – before scrambling two F-16’s out of Langley Air Force Base to protect the capitol.

Nearly half-an-hour after receiving the belated order to scramble, two Falcons coasted in over the burning Pentagon. Slowed down to just 410 mph, it had taken the 1,500 mph-capable fighters 19 minutes to cover the 130 miles from Virginia. It should have taken just over seven minutes to reach the Pentagon – at about the time Flight 77 was making a predatory circle overhead. [NORAD Sept18/01; USAF]


The supersonic jets were flown no faster than WWII prop-driven fighters. But it hardly mattered. Sitting on the Andrews ramp just 10 miles away, were two fully armed and fueled supersonic interceptors tasked with protecting the capitol from airborne terrorist threats on 15 minutes’ notice!

Isn’t it about time someone asked why those routinely launched Andrews interceptors were “stood down” as Flight 77 bored in toward the headquarters they were supposed to protect? [San Diego Union-Tribune


In the most heavily armed nation on Earth, at least two-dozen air force installations were within fast flying time of the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Does anyone else wonder why none of those aircraft were ordered launched – or why none of the armed fighters on training flights or patrolling Air Defense Intercept Zones just off the Atlantic Coast were diverted to intercept four commandeered airliners until after the Pentagon was struck – one-hour and 18 minutes after Flight 11 was hijacked? []

According to NORAD, the F-16s from Langley were still “12 minutes/105 miles” away when the big Boeing they were “chasing” soared past the White House and the Andrews runways. Allegedly flown by an incompetent Egyptian flight student who couldn’t solo a Cessna, the 757 peeled off and piled into the Pentagon after an abrupt dive and pull-up that left veteran pilots agape. [San Diego Union-Tribune Sept12/01; NBC Nightly News

Sept11/01; All Fall Down]

Immediately after the Pentagon was hit, the Andrews alert jets were launched to guard empty skies. [Mirror Nov13/03]

Asleep At The Switch

Responding to questions from a Senate confirmation committee two days after this suspicious fiasco, the Joint Chief’s acting air defense chief on Sept. 11 said he was in a meeting while all hell was breaking loose in his sector.

Air Force Gen. Richard Myers had not let a TV report about a small plane hitting the World Trade Center interrupt his routine. As jumbo jetliners kept diving into buildings, apparently no one thought to inform the acting commander of U.S. air defenses that his country was under attack. Myers said he came out of his meeting just as the Pentagon was hit.

Asked repeatedly when the brass were first informed of the emergency, and when interceptors were scrambled, Myers repeated a muddled mantra six times, saying “”I’ll have to get back to you on that.” []

Instead of being court-martialed like the luckless commanders defending Pearl Harbor, or even reprimanded, General Myers was awarded command of the entire U.S. military as new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Bush publicly commended the air force general for his “calm manner, sound judgment, and his clear strategic thinking.” [White House press release Oct15/01]

As this bizarre and possibly treasonous story goes to press, the FAA has refused to disclose documents relating to when that agency notified U.S. air defenses about the four hijacked airliners. A second subpoena served on the Pentagon by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States has been similarly unsuccessful in attaining records concerning whether NORAD responded quickly enough in dispatching interceptors on Sept. 11. [Washington Post Nov8/03].

Instead of fingering air traffic controllers for not following procedures, these documents could show that the FAA did follow its own Standard Intercept Procedures and notify NORAD within a few minutes of each hijacking – which would leave the Air Force with even more explaining to do. [AP Oct18/03]

# # #

Award-winning journalist William Thomas is the author of Bringing The War Home, Chemtrails Confirmed and All Fall Down: The Politics of Terror and Mass Persuasion.

Courtesy Gritzle65 and tnet