Introduction — Sept 21, 2016
These are very serious allegations. U.S. officials are effectively accusing Russia of having committed a war-crime. Which begs the question: what would Russia gain from such an action?
On the face of it very little. In fact given the widespread condemnation it has aroused one would think that the attack was counter-productive, assuming that Russia had carried it out.
So what evidence does the U.S. have to backup its allegation? According to Capt Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman:
“There are only three parties that fly in Syria: the coalition, the Russians and the Syrian regime. It was not the coalition. We don’t fly over Aleppo. We have no reason to. We strike only Isis, and Isis is not there. We would leave it to the Russians and the Syrian regime to explain their actions”. (Source)
However, observant readers will note that Capt Davies makes a significant omission in his statement. There are more than “three parties that fly in Syria.” In addition to the three parties mentioned Israel regularly violates Syrian airspace.
Only the week before Israeli jets attacked a Syrian Army position in the Golan Heights. Israel rejected Syrian claims that it shot down one of the jets but it didn’t deny having carried out the attack.
So there are in fact four parties that regularly fly in Syria and two of them have proven themselves past masters of the false flag; as 9/11 has long been suspected of having been a joint Israeli–U.S. false flag.
As with any crime investigators should always first ask: who benefits? In this case neither Russia or Syria have anything to gain but the U.S. and Israel do.
Russia has angrily denied the U.S. accusations but they represent major ramping up for further potential conflict.
Putin is reported to be in possession of damming evidence implicating the U.S. government in 9/11. According to some analysts such a disclosure could spark a popular uprising in the U.S. — a second American Revolution, if you will. Is the Washington trying to avert that possibility by direct confrontation with Russia? Ed.
Russian planes dropped bombs that destroyed UN aid convoy, US officials say
Julian Borger, Spencer Ackerman — Guardian.co.uk Sept 21, 2016
US defence officials now believe that Russian planes dropped the bombs that destroyed a UN aid convoy that killed at least 20 people, the Guardian has learned.
The claim of direct Russian involvement in the bombing, if confirmed, would have far-reaching consequences. Earlier on Tuesday, Ban Ki-moon used his farewell address to the UN general assembly to denounce it as a “sickening, savage and apparently deliberate attack”, describing the bombers at “cowards”, and UN officials have said it is a potential war crime.
The outgoing secretary general told world leaders in New York that the UN had been forced to suspend aid convoys in Syria because of Monday’s attack on Syrian Red Crescent trucks that were carrying UN food supplies to a rural area west of Aleppo city.
Victims of the attack included the local director of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent, Omar Barakat. Ban hailed the dead aid workers as heroes and said “those who bombed them were cowards” before calling for accountability for crimes committed in the war. “Just when you think it cannot get any worse, the bar of depravity sinks lower,” he said.
Aid officials said the convoy was hit from the air while food and medicine were being unloaded at a warehouse in opposition-controlled Urem al-Kubra.
Reuters news agency quoted two US officials as saying two Russian Sukhoi SU-24 warplanes were in the sky above the aid convoy at the precise time it was struck.
The White House and state department said they could not confirm the allegations, while the Russian foreign ministry rejected them with “resentment and indignation”.
Previously, US officials had said that they would hold Moscow responsible for the attack, even if it was carried out by Syrian aircraft, as Russia had taken responsibility for the regime’s compliance with the ceasefire as part of the 9 September agreement.
But Moscow has not conceded that the convoy was hit by an airstrike, claiming instead that the 18 lorries had “caught fire”. In a separate statement on Tuesday, the country’s defence ministry said that the aid convoy had been accompanied by a militants’ pickup truck armed with a heavy mortar , Russian news agencies reported.