Introduction — August 26, 2015
Call it a hunch but this writer thinks that former MP Harvey Proctor is being used to divert attention from others who participated in depraved Westminster sex parties that led the deaths of three young boys.
Which is not to say that Proctor wasn’t involved in some sort of sex ring. However, he may have been set up so that some bigger names who were also involved, and may still active in politics, can evade examination. Former prime minister Ted Heath and ex-home secretary Leon Brittan have both been implicated as have Lord Janner and Michael Hanley, the former director general of MI5.
All of the aforementioned were far higher in the British establishment than Proctor and all, with the exception of Lord Janner, are now dead.
This leads me to suspect that Proctor is being used to draw attention away from others in the British establishment who may still be alive. He is, in effect, being used as a fall guy; a relatively low level figure who can be sacrificed so that bigger names can escape scrutiny. Ed.
Harvey Proctor accuser ‘distressed’ by former MP’s denial
An alleged sexual abuse victim who has told police that Harvey Proctor raped and murdered two children has reportedly been left distressed by the former MP’s categoric denial.
The claimant, who is known only as Nick, is believed to be Scotland Yard’s main witness in an investigation into an alleged paedophile ring of establishment figures that dates back to the 1980s.
In a press conference on Tuesday, Proctor claimed that Nick’s allegations were untrue, had destroyed his reputation and his job, and smeared the reputation of eight other alleged ring members.
Mark Watts, the editor of the Exaro investigative journalism website which has been the main conduit for Nick’s claims, tweeted that the website has been in contact with Nick since Proctor’s press conference:
“Nick”, as was entirely foreseeable, has been left distressed by Harvey Proctor’s over-the-top theatrics. It was a shameful performance.
— Mark Watts (@MarkWatts_1) August 25, 2015
Operation Midland is investigating claims of an establishment paedophile ring in Dolphin Square, a luxury block of flats near Westminster, as well as at the Carlton Club and at other London locations in the 70s and 80s. Other members of the alleged paedophile ring include the late prime minister Edward Heath and the former home secretary Leon Brittan.
At the press conference Proctor disclosed new details of the inquiry which have been sent to his solicitors.
He said he had been accused by Nick of participating in two murders and aiding in a third murder of young boys, along with numerous other claims of torture and rape against Nick and other boys.
Addressing the allegations directly, Proctor told journalists: “I should be arrested, charged and prosecuted for murder and these awful crimes immediately so I can start the process of ridiculing these preposterous allegations in open court. Nick should be stripped of his anonymity and prosecuted for wasting police time and money. The paranoid police have pursued a homosexual witch-hunt on this issue, egged on by media, Labour MPs and a ragbag of internet fantasists.”
Scotland Yard declined to comment on Proctor’s press conference, although detectives had previously issued a statement saying officers found Nick’s allegations to be “credible and true”.
The story of Nick’s alleged abuse was broken by Exaro. Unusually, he was accompanied by a journalist from the website when he was interviewed by police from Operation Midland. Nick claimed the alleged abuse began in 1979, when he was handed to a group of powerful paedophiles by his father, who also abused him.
A film of Nick, showing only the back of his head to protect his identity, shows him to be well-spoken and articulate. Few other details have been released about him, other than that he is a 47-year-old businessman who was 11 when the alleged abuse began.
According to Proctor, Nick has claimed that he witnessed the former MP torturing one young boy with a knife before raping and strangling the victim. He also alleged that on one occasion, Heath intervened to stop Proctor from using a knife to mutilate Nick’s genitals.
Proctor, 68, said on Tuesday that he and Heath detested each other because of their political differences. He said it was unbelievable that he would have been invited to the prime minister’s home to take part in a sex attack. “It is unbelievable because it is not true. My situation has transformed from Kafkaesque bewilderment to black farce incredulity,” he said in his statement.
Proctor claimed that Brittan had been driven to his death by police action.
A retired general who Proctor says was named as part of the alleged paedophile ring has disclosed that he was interviewed by police, but not as a suspect. General Sir Hugh Beach told the Telegraph police had confirmed to him that no allegation of any kind had been made against him. The former deputy commander in chief of UK Land Forces said he had been interviewed once by officers but “not in any sense as a suspect”.
Proctor also named Sir Michael Hanley, who was director general of MI5 from 1972 to 1978 and died in 2001. In a statement on behalf of the family, Hanley’s daughter Sarah said: “Until this morning we knew of no alleged investigation by the Met into allegations against our father. Our father was a decent, loving, principled family man. These are unfounded allegations from an anonymous source and, as such, have no effect on our father’s good name.”