Breitbart — Jan 16, 2015
Prince Andrew has confirmed he will attend the World Economic Forum summit at Davos, Switzerland next Wednesday despite facing allegations he slept with an underage girl.
This will be his first public appearance since denying claims by an American woman that she was forced to have sex with him by financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Former Home Office Minister Norman Baker previously said that the prince should not attend the summit, adding that he should “keep a low profile” in the wake of allegations.
“I think it would be helpful if he wasn’t going because of the furore which is surrounding him at the present time, which may well be very unfair,” Mr Baker said.
“I don’t know and nobody does know. But I certainly think when we represent our country abroad, whoever we are, we have to bear in mind how that will be received at any particular point.”
However, a post appeared Prince Andrew’s official Facebook page this afternoon saying: “From 22nd January 2015, The Duke of York will attend the Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum 2015 in Davos, Switzerland.
“HRH will also host a Pitch@Palace Reception at Davos on 22nd January to promote British Entrepreneurship.”
The allegations against the Prince emerged in US court documents in a case involving Jeffrey Epstein, who has previously been convicted of a sex offence with a minor. Prince Andrew was forced to resign as a UK trade envoy in 2011 following previous controversy over his friendship with Epstein, however he still carries out some engagements on behalf of the Queen.