Introduction — July 15, 2014
Like Jimmy Savile, this man is being protected. The Daily Mirror doesn’t even name him but we do; he’s a member of the House of Lords and he’s buggered and abused young boys for decades.
We have good reason to believe that the member of the House of Lords cited in the following report is Lord Greville Janner.
Readers will note in what follows that an unnamed peer reportedly entertained youngsters at children’s homes before allegedly sexually molesting them.
Well Greville Janner was a well known fan of stage magic and member of the Magic Circle and the International Brotherhood of Magicians. In this capacity he would regularly visit children’s homes where he would ‘entertain’ the children.
Greville Janner was more than just an amateur magician however. He was also president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews, the main Jewish communal organisation in Britain, and former vice-President of the World Jewish Congress.
We can’t help wondering if this isn’t the reason why allegations against Janner were not fully investigated. After all these accusations go back more than 20 years to 1991, when convicted child abuser Frank Beck claimed that Janner had abused children at care homes he, Beck had run.
For his crimes Frank Beck was convicted to five life terms in prison where he died in 1994.
Meanwhile Janner remained free to pursue his political career. Eventually becoming President of the All Parliamentary Group Against Anti-Semitism and chair of the All-Party Britain-Israel Parliamentary Group.
For a while at least, Greville Janner’s campaigning against “anti-Semitism” appear to have afforded him with some protection.
Nonetheless the accusations against Janner didn’t go away and in 2013 police searched his home in Hampstead, London, during a child sex abuse probe. This year police searched Janner’s parliamentary office but we may never know if anything incriminating was found; because the idea of prosecuting the unnamed peer reported on below has been dropped on the grounds that he’s suffering “dementia”.
Like Jimmy Savile while he was alive, it appears that someone or something is protecting Lord Janner; but once he passes away, like Savile we are sure we’ll hear a lot more about his activities.
Tom Pettifor, Nick Sommerlad — Mirror.co.uk July 9, 2014
A Labour peer facing more than 20 allegations of historical child abuse looks set to avoid prosecution after doctors said he was unfit to be quizzed because he has dementia.
The member of the House of Lords will not be interviewed or arrested by police investigating the alleged sexual assaults – which include claims of rape – on vulnerable boys in children’s homes.
One man said he was aged seven when the politician visited his care home and entertained him and the other youngsters there with magic tricks.
The suspect, who was the local MP at the time, then allegedly took him aside and sexually assaulted him.
His alleged victim claims he reported it to police but it was not properly investigated. He said: “That man humiliated me. He told me to undress and then fondled me. It scarred me for life. I complained previously and the police made a mess of it. But they are being very good now.”
Officers have compiled a dossier of more than 20 complaints against the peer, who was previously accused of child abuse more than two decades ago.
At the time, the serving MP agreed to be interviewed by police and a file was passed to the Director of Public Prosecutions, but no charges were ever brought.
Another police investigation into similar allegations is ongoing and a file has been sent to the Crown Prosecution Service.
Sources confirmed the peer would not be questioned after two doctors examined him and concluded he was unfit.
A police spokesman said the decision was taken for “operation reasons” and added: “The inquiry has had a number of individuals who have come forward and made complaints. We are investigating their allegations, and providing them with professional support.”
It comes after newly-released documents this week revealed disgraced paedophile MP Cyril Smith could have been prosecuted for a series of child sex crimes 12 years before he died aged 82 in 2010.
The Crown Prosecution Service however decided against pressing charges because Lib Dem Smith had been told previously that no further action would be taken.
Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk wrote a book about Smith’s abuse. He said of the latest claims: “This sounds similar to the Cyril Smith case in that there have been missed opportunities to prosecute.
“From what I’ve been told, the detail of this case is extremely distressing and that’s why it’s so important that justice catches up with powerful politicians before it’s too late. There are some politicians who want to slow down inquiries into abuse when actually we need to speed them up.
“There is a race against time, as some of these perpetrators are quite elderly and could pass away before justice is done.”
Yesterday, an ex-police officer said he had found evidence more than two decades ago of a child abuse network involving public officials and clergy.
Terry Shutt, a former detective constable with the West Mercia force, recalled five suitcases of letters he found in a 1992 raid on the home of paedophile Peter Righton in Evesham, Worcs.
Mr Shutt said: “Among the documentation there was a definite link to establishment figures, including senior members of the clergy.” He accused Scotland Yard of failing to follow up many important leads and said: “For me there was a definite feel that this was bigger than we were looking at locally and it should have been investigated further.”
Social work expert Righton helped found the Paedophile Information Exchange – known as PIE –which campaigned to decriminalise sex with children. He died in 2007.
Last night ex-civil servant Tim Hulbert insisted the vile PIE group was handed taxpayers’ cash by the Home Office, despite an official review finding there was no direct funding. He said he was told the public money was awarded on the orders of Special Branch
Mr Hulbert worked in the Voluntary Services Unit 35 years ago and said he saw paperwork about a request to renew a grant to PIE. He told ITV: “I have a clear recollection of being sufficiently aware of it to go to my then boss, head of the unit Clifford Hindley, and say ‘what the hell are we doing funding an organisation like PIE?’.
“He told me it was a renewal. He told me it was being funded at the request of Special Branch.” Mr Hulbert suggested the paper trail was among the 114 missing abuse files the Home Office said had probably been destroyed. Earlier this week the department published a report stating there was no evidence it gave direct funding to PIE, although it did give money to two organisations linked to it.
The Home Office last night stood by the probe but said the fresh claims would be covered by a new review.
A spokesman said the inquiry would “consider whether public bodies and other institutions have taken seriously their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse”.